Re: How about "identifying URL" instead of "canonical" URL?

On 6/23/14 1:02 PM, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> Kingsley,
> How would you edit the text Cody quoted then?
Edit draft.
Note:  if the gist of it is understood and accepted, I can work with Ted
on a much more formalized edit that fits into the current doc:

<section>
<h3>Respond with *resource URIs* and use them for identity comparison</h3>

LDPR server
should respond to each of those requests using a single consistent
*URI, for the LDPR. This identifying *URI* may be found
in the response's Location and/or Content-Location headers, and
potentially also in the representation of the LDPR. A common case is
*URIs* that vary by protocol, one HTTP and one HTTPS, but are
otherwise identical *if the server reconciles across these URI schemes*.
                                 In *cases where two *URIs* refer to the
same
resource, the server should respond to requests on either URI
with a single (description document) location (URL)*.</p>

for example, when determining if two *URIs refer to the same resource
clients should compare HTTP URIs that denote LDPRs, not the HTTP URLs that
                                 denote their description documents.* </p>

Kingsley