Re: LDP Minutes for 23 June 2014

Arnaud, Cody, All

I'm just reading through the minutes, and piecing together the conversation regarding issue 62.

This is about how a client creates new Containers in a Direct or Indirect Container (i.e when LDP is used in a more client-directed manner). To date our usage of LDP doesn't need this functionality because we use LDP in a server-directed manner. All the same, I think the mechanism needs some guidance in our group output.

** Basic Container case

POST to create a Container works in the case of BasicContainers.
And this is covered in the Primer for BasicContainers (as Nandana points out).

** Direct Container case

In the Direct Container case, there is not a POSTable target to create the new Container. e.g. in the case of the Networth, the AssetContainer and the LiabilityContainer are POSTable, but, the Networth isn't. So, how to create a NotesContainer ? I think it comes down to, 1. POST (to the networth), or 2. PUT.

thanks
Roger