Re: Networth example with ldp:contains

As Alexandre alluded to there is still one case where the duplication
occurs: this is when the containerResource/memberSubject of a
DirectContainer is the container itself. You end up with something like
this:

<> a ldp:DirectContainer,
        ldp:containerResource <>,
        ldp:containsRelation ex:member,
        ex:member <m1>,
        ldp:contains <m1>,
        ex:member <m2>,
        ldp:contains<m2>.

Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote on 01/14/2014 04:38:33 AM:

> From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
> To: Roger Menday <roger.menday@uk.fujitsu.com>,
> Cc: "public-ldp-wg@w3.org Working Group" <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>
> Date: 01/14/2014 04:40 AM
> Subject: Re: Networth example with ldp:contains
>

> On 13 Jan 2014, at 18:39, Roger Menday <roger.menday@uk.fujitsu.com>
wrote:

> > hello,
> >
> > Following up on the long call this afternoon ...
> >
> > In the following two examples, where/why is it necessary to use
> client preference for materializing ldp:contains ?
> >
> > 1. 'DirectContainer' case (such as a Networth in the spec):
> >
> > <>
> >   a o:NetWorth;
> >   o:netWorthOf <http://example.org/users/JohnZSmith>;
> >   o:asset
> >      <assetContainer/a1>,
> >      <assetContainer/a2>;
> >   o:liability
> >      <liabilityContainer/l1>,
> >      <liabilityContainer/l2>,
> >      <liabilityContainer/l3>.
> >
> > <assetContainer/>
> >   a ldp:DirectContainer;
> >   dcterms:title "The assets of JohnZSmith";
> >   ldp:containerResource <>;
> >   ldp:containsRelation o:asset.
> >
> > <liabilityContainer/>
> >   a ldp:DirectContainer;
> >   dcterms:title "The liabilities of JohnZSmith";
> >   ldp:containerResource <>;
> >   ldp:containsRelation o:liability.
> >
> > POSTing to  the LDPCs (<assetContainer/>, <liabilityContainer/>)
> creates new Assets and Liabilities.
> > The response has the Location: of these newly created resources.
> > If I GET the LDPR, I see domain-specific <asset> and <liabilities>
triples.
> > If I GET the LDPC, I see ldp:contains triples.
>
> yes, I think that is the best way to do things: Have the LDPC list
> its ldp:contains relations, and have other resources ( eg the Networth
> one shown above) contain the "membership triples".
>
> The advantage here is that there is no duplication and each resource
> does what it is meant for. Your Networth resource above lists the
> Networth facts, and the LDPCs <assetContainer/> and
<liabilityContainer/>