Re: ISSUE-100: Should ld-patch use a slash like sparql does, instead of as it currently does?

On 19/08/14 02:30, Alexandre Bertails wrote:
> Andy,
>
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 6:18 PM, Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote:

>>> That is exactly how LDP-RS is already defined in the specification [1]
>>> so you can consider it as an alias.

>>> IMO, what's important is that it doesn't claim to do more than it
>>> actually does. In practice, it really works against RDF graphs.
>>

>> It is targetted at a subset of graphs as the itself text explains.
>
> Do you refer to the pathological graphs [2]? In any case, I agree that
> "with minimal support for blank nodes" should point to [2] to make the
> restriction clear. Otherwise, the input is an RDF Graph as defined at
> [3].
 >
> [2] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/ldpatch/ldpatch.html#pathological-graph
> [3] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-concepts/#section-rdf-graph
>
>> This
>> document makes no reference to LDP except to say it is the product of the
>> LDP-WG hence my suggestion to clarify the introduction text.
>
> LDP just defers the HTTP PATCH to something else. That PATCH format
> doesn't have to be tied to LDP itself. LD Patch has no technical
> dependency on LDP.

LD Patch is resource-centric, which is no bad thing, and it is helpful
to explain that in the introduction

"for updating resources"
"for updating linked data resources"

This working group's remit is to produce an Linked Data Platform and LD
Patch comes out of that remit.

 Andy