Re: Question regarding Example 6 in the spec

Hi Cody,

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Cody Burleson <cody.burleson@base22.com>wrote:

> Example 6 in the current editor's working draft is as follows:
>
> # The following is the representation of
> #    http://example.org/container1/
>
> # @base <http://example.org/container1/>
> @prefix dcterms: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/>.
> @prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>.
> @prefix ldp: <http://www.w3.org/ns/ldp#>.
>
> <>
>    a ldp:Container;
>    ldp:membershipSubject <> ;
>    ldp:membershipPredicate rdfs:member;
>    ldp:membershipObject ldp:MemberSubject;
>    dcterms:title "A very simple container";
>    rdfs:member <member1>, <member2>, <member3>.
>
> *
> *
> *Question*
>
> Currently, the base URI is commented out. In order to use the symbols <>,
> which state the triple is relative to the base URI, the base URI should not
> be commented out, should it? If I tried to POST or PUT this, it wouldn't
> work, would it? So, shouldn't we uncomment the @base statement in this
> example?

We should probably remove the comment line.  It is just for ease when using
online validators.  Most RDF libraries have a way to establish the base URI
before processing the document.  I would expect that when a server
processes a POST request, it would first mint the new URI and set it as the
base.  For the PUT, I would use the request URI as the base URI.

- Steve Speicher