Re: optimizing container pages serialization to enable streaming

hello eric.

On 2013-11-15, 15:04 , "Eric Prud'hommeaux" <eric@w3.org> wrote:
>I've tried in several messages to find out in what way ErikW imagines
>a non-streaming parser breaking when getting data optimized for a
>streaming parser. I think the concearn comes from not examining the
>mechanics. I'll spell them out in detail, using the same services as
>in <http://www.w3.org/mid/20131111220142.GC29738@w3.org>.

just repeating myself: if what you're producing is a valid representation
in the media type you're serving, nothing ever breaks and i never said so.
what i said was that designing with specifically optimized parsing models
in mind might not be the best design guidance, because most people use
off-the-shelf components. telling them they shouldn't would be an odd
thing to do for a standard.

i also said in my most recent message in that thread that maybe this whole
issue was overblown anyway, given real-world sizes in real-world use
cases. are we expecting LDP messages to have tens or hundreds of
megabytes? what are the memory requirements of typical RDF parsers and
memory models?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp-wg/2013Nov/0075.html