Re: optimizing container pages serialization to enable streaming

hello all.

On 2013-11-11, 10:44 , "Alexandre Bertails" <bertails@w3.org> wrote:
>On 11/11/2013 01:35 PM, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
>>In the end, I think there's nothing better
>> than hinting that folks who care about performance write some tweaks
>> into their serializers.
>As long as everybody here is aware and ok with the fact we are
>breaking existing tools...

pointing out the obvious: i am sure that in the LDP group, participants
have no problem with tweaking their serializers, because they're all
experts and in full control of their prototype implementation stacks. out
in the wild, this picture changes dramatically. it's like somebody telling
you "you sure have to problem to tweak bit 42 in some TCP packets, do
you?", when trying to convince you to use some "improved" HTTP that's
violating layering.

this is a rather important decisions to make and should not be taken
lightly. out in the wild, people don't tweak lower layers, they use them.
and if they cannot use them because they are required to tweak them, they
just lost their ability to use your spec in an interoperable way.