What does "being a member" mean?

From: Alexandre Bertails <bertails@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 11:48:45 -0500
To: Linked Data Platform WG <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>
Guys,

I think we have a problem with semantics :-)

Can somebody tell me what "being a member" means?

I thought that "being an LDPR" meant "being a member of an LDPC".

How is that different from "being managed by an LDPC"? And from
"ldp:created"?

Are the LDP interactions driven by "being a member" or by "being an
LDPC/LDPR"?

Is the notion of membership achieved through membershipXXX? If not,
what's the name for the feature captured by the membershipXXX
relations?

If a POST succeed, does it mean that the new resource is created, or
managed, or a member of the LDPC? What about a binary resource then,
as it's currently not considered as an LDPC?

Sorry if those are obvious questions, but when I hear the
conversations we have in the meetings, it looks pretty confused :-/

Alexandre.