Re: ldp-ISSUE-79 (ldp:contains): ldp:contains

On 31 May 2013, at 18:48, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

> On 31 May 2013, at 18:11, Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Henry,
>>
>> I think the proposed text below has several issues:
>>
>> "relates an LDP Container to the elements it contains, ie LDPRs that were created through this LDPC or that act as if they had been"
>>
>> 1. LDPCs aren't limited to containing LDPRs. They can contain any types of resources, including binary ones.
>> 2. LDPCs aren't limited to containing resources that are created from the LDPC. Although the end of the sentence opens up to that possibility I think the text unnecessarily implies a tie that just doesn't exist.
>
> agree.

Ok but after the recent discussion with John Arwe I'd like to find a way to tie the relation
to the ldp HTTP actions. Because that is exactly what I want to focus on.

>> I would suggest something like this instead:
>>
>> "relates an LDP Container to the resources it contains".
>
> Yes, I was hesitant about that way of expressing things, because it seemed nearly circular.

And I think doing that is what creates this incredbile confusion we have in the
group since the beginning relations and containment.