Re: Issue-71: the first bug tracking example

On 05/28/2013 06:41 PM, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> Alexandre Bertails <bertails@w3.org> wrote on 05/22/2013 11:00:35 AM:
>
>  > ...
>  > I may be wrong,
>  > but I'm not sure that people are desperately in need of such a feature
>  > and if yes, it would always be possible to add it in the next version
>  > of the spec, with very little cost.
>
> So, in my effort to keep us on track regarding our schedule I've been
> looking at issues we can take off of the table. Unfortunately I don't
> think this is a possibility here.
> If we don't have membershipPredicate in LDP 1.0 there is no way we can
> add it later without breaking backwards compability. A server would have
> to keep using rdf:member or break clients that expect it.

I don't understand why adding it later would break anything. It would be
a plain conservative extension, with backward compatibility.

>  > ...
>  > Of course, if I had to vote on keeping or not this feature, I would
>  > say 0 (I can live with it). But still, that makes the spec both more
>  > complex and difficult to understand, while it should be simple and
>  > easy.
>
> Good. :-) We're going to need some willingness to compromise on all
> sides to get us moving forward.

I still think it's easier and better to drop it for now. Postponing to
the next version is _also_ an acceptable and valid compromise.

I don't really want someone having to write "Linked Data Platform: The
Good Parts" ;-)

Alexandre.