Re: ldp-ISSUE-59 (recursive-delete): Reconsider usage of Aggregate/Composite construct to get predictable container delete behavior [Linked Data Platform core]

On 21 Mar 2013, at 21:52, Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi Henry,
>
> Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote on 03/21/2013 12:54:08 PM:
> >
> > # http://server1.example.org/c
> > <> a ldp:Container;
> >   rdf:member <lm1>;
> >    rdf:member <lm2>.
> >
> > <lm1> :title "a local member".
> > <lm2> owl:sameAs <http://server2.example.org/m2>.
> >
> > You can avoid this problem by creating an ldp:contains relation
> >
> > <> a ldp:Container
> >    ldp:contains <lm1>;
> >    rdf:member <lm2> .
> >
> > Sorry, I sent the send button too quickly. I meant
> >
> > <> a lpd:Container;
> >     ldp:contains <lm1>;
> >     rdf:member <http://server2.example.org/m2> .
> >
> > Deleting an ldp:Container would only delete recursively ldp:contains
> > relations recursively.
>
> Indeed, we could do that. But then the client has to deal with two different predicates. Given last week's decision to add membershipPredicateInverse I'm afraid the number of predicates one has to keep track is going to get out of control. To avoid that you could combine the two:
>
> <> a ldp:Container;
>  rdf:contains <lm1>;
>  rdf:member <lm1>;
>   rdf:member <http://server2.example.org/m2>.
>
> <lm1> :title "a local member".

There is no need to do that.  Just declare that

 ldp:contains rdf:subPropertyOf rdf:member .

which means that

<> ldp:contains <lm1> .

implies

<> rdf:member <lm1> .