Re: ldp-ISSUE-49 (Canonical-URI): Canonical URL - how to communicate its value to clients

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013, Wilde, Erik wrote:

> as far as URIs are concerned, identity is established by identifier, and
> nothing else. i think we would enter rather dangerous territory if we
> changed this fundamental concept at the level of LDP. if there are
> scenarios where sameness goes beyond URI equality, then it's up to these
> to establish conventions and/or mechanisms how to do that, but LDP should
> stay out of that.

You can check what has been done in RFC6249 [1] mostly for mirroring, but
those imply some sort of equivalence between URIs.
I don't think this should be part of the core LDP, equivalence should be
handled (if at all) as an extension.

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6249

         ~~Yves