From:   Roger Menday <roger.menday@uk.fujitsu.com>
To:     "ashok.malhotra@oracle.com" <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>,
Cc:     "public-ldp-wg@w3.org" <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>
Date:   03/07/2013 05:19 PM
Subject:        Re: linking from resource -> container ..

hi Ashok,

>> I am referring to links which resource can use to refer it's containers
- i.e. a Networth can point to it's Assets and Liabilities containers.
> Roger, you said this on Monday's telcon also but I'm afraid I'm not
getting it.
> A link by which a resource can refer to (one of its) containers would be
a URI, correct?

The Networth resource is a URI and so are the Asset and Liability
children, so, yes.

> So, how is it different from a back link?

The "Networth" class of resources says it is composed of its "Assets" and
"Liabilities".
So, each "Networth" is the parent to a number Asset and Liability
children.

If I de-reference a Networth resource, the representation MUST contain
information how it links (through outgoing link) to these children,
because through these child container resources I can manipulate the
Networth resource.

OK, if it doesn't work this way, how else do you see the spec allowing
that manipulation to happen ??

Roger