Re: linking from resource -> container ..

hello roger.

On 2013-03-04 9:41 , "Roger Menday" <roger.menday@uk.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>Navigation is on the web is moving (i.e. browsing) between domain data
>resources. Along on the way we may want to interact to create new
>resources. This interaction is done using other methods POST, PUT, etc,
>via 'interaction' resources (which are discovered/linked inside the LD).

just as a clarification: there is no such thing as an "interaction
resource". resources are identified by URI and are encountered by
following links. the link itself has interaction semantics (such as "use
POST when submitting form content to the action URI") based on the link
relation type, and because of these semantics, the client knows what it is
supposed to do (and what it is expecting to happen) when following that
link.

for example, while the factory model of POSTing to a factory is a common
how to handle resource creation, it is only one pattern how to use
interactions to create new resources.
http://dret.typepad.com/dretblog/2011/11/creating-resources-with-get-put.ht
ml is another pattern. combining differently typed links (with their
interaction semantics) into meaningful and robust application flows is one
of the biggest challenges when it comes to designing RESTful services.