Re: Discovery/Affordances (Issue-32/Issue-57)

On 6/13/13 12:21 PM, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com
> <mailto:lehors@us.ibm.com>> wrote:
>
>     The header looks like this: Link:
>     <http://www.w3.org/ns/ldp/profile>; rel=profile
>
>     As I said, all it means is that if a response you get from a
>     server contains such a link header you can expect the server to be
>     LDP compliant. What I mean by that is that the interaction model
>     defined in the LDP spec applies.
>

> applies to *this* resource, right?
> You don't expect that *any* URI on this server will, e.g. returne
> text/turtle by default ?
>
> If we agree on that, +1 from me (as stated earlier)
>
>   pa

That's the point i.e., Link: <http://www.w3.org/ns/ldp/profile>;
rel=profile is an RDF triple surfaced at the HTTP level :-)

You only need to understand the semantics of the "profile" relation.

We've arrived at the same place re. Media Types not being the
determinant when the fundamental issue is relation semantics. This
approach has been part of DBpedia for years now, ditto other Linked Data
initiatives and products we (OpenLink) are associated with.

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com