Re: ISSUE-79 ldp:contains

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 17:51:55 +0200
Cc: public-ldp-wg@w3.org
To: John Arwe <johnarwe@us.ibm.com>

On 3 Jun 2013, at 07:27, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

> <> a ldp:Container;
>    ldp:contains <member>;
>    rdf:member <http://ibm.com/cart/23> .
>
> It helps us if the ldp:contains relation is the default predicate in our spec, because this is the one
> most closely related to the protocol.

I should really add that I don't believe that the notion of a default relation makes
any sense anyway. In RDF whenever you hear "default" something you should
have allarm bells ringing: you are then already close to having a monotonicity
problem.  (That is what ISSUE-75 is about.) ldp:contains just describes the
relation that a container has to those things it created.

Henry

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/