Re: ISSUE-36: Summary of ways of making containers

hello henry.

On Jan 26, 2013, at 23:55, "Henry Story" <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
> So one could create a ldp relation for that profile, and it would be interesting
> to thing about how one could define a profile semantically.  In the semantic
> web we already have a few profiles like this, though they are not
> well defined such as the foaf:PersonalProfileDocument.

just as a warning: the profile link relation has nothing to do with the idea of a "personal profile" or a "profile page". people complained about this alternative meaning of the term already, and it's understandable that they do. however, the idea is to stick to the name nevertheless, since it has been directly derived from HTML's concept of profiles, which use that name for the concept of indicating that a page follows additional constraints. so please don't get these two things confused (and maybe it would have been better after all to invent a new name for the concept, instead of trying to stick to HTML's "profile").