Re: ISSUE-36: Summary of ways of making containers

From: Wilde, Erik <Erik.Wilde@emc.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 10:01:23 -0500
To: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>, Alexandre Bertails <bertails@w3.org>, Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com>, "public-ldp-wg@w3.org" <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>
hello henry.

On 2013-01-24 16:33 , "Henry Story" <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>One could make the append rule more subtle for what I have
>called ldp:Content objects that I have talked  about today:
>
> A POST of a graph containing the triple:
>  <> a ldp:Container
>would create a new container resource. That seems
>quite plausible....

i was wondering whether we ever decided to have hierarchical collections,
and i couldn't find an issue for this, which was a bit surprising. is
there an issue and i did not find it? is it an open question we should
have an issue for? or is this decision a done deal we have made, and i
forgot about it?

the other (and independent) thing i am wondering about: if you say that a
client can "change" an entry to become a container this way, would you
also support a way to change it back again?

thanks and cheers,

dret.