Re: LDPRs, LDPCs and the mysterious X

hello henry.

On 2013-01-25 09:44 , "Henry Story" <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>Now is it even useful to notice this? Does it have any
>protocol implications? Well I think it does. For example
>it explains why ISSUE-45 [1] can give those things a
>different operational behavior to ldp:Container-s
>with regard to POST. It can do that because there is
>no overlap between ldp:Container-s and _:X .

i really like this exercise, but i just want to point out the difference
between the data model and the interaction model again: for the data model
part, looking at LDPR and LDPC makes a lot of sense. for the interaction
model, we could/might choose other/additional resources/representations.

for example, consider the simple product/order example i described
yesterday (follow an "order" link of a product page to POST an order),
where the data model would be products and orders (these would be the
resources managed by the server). the protocol probably would use other
resources, for example asking a client to submit just an address (which
then translates to an order being created), or maybe even only a single
number ("i want *42* of these things), and then the server creates an
order out of that.

so while the data model in that case would clearly only need products and
orders, the interactions could very well use different representations,
because the state that is transferred in the protocol is different from
the "server-side data model".