Re: MKCOL for making collections

On 22 Jan 2013, at 16:55, Alexandre Bertails <bertails@w3.org> wrote:

> On 01/22/2013 10:53 AM, Henry Story wrote:

>>> I agree with Henry's premises: this way of creating containers should
>>> be discussed. The reason is that this strategy forces you to look into
>>> each RDF document that is POSTed, to search for the triples saying
>>> "hey, by the way, I'm an LDPC!".
>>>
>>> It's not that it's impossible, it's just very annoying in practice. So
>>> it's at least not perfect.
>>
>> Thanks :-) I was just writing this up.

>> do to a special resource for creating a collection in your collection.
>> You could have
>>
>> <> ldp:createCollection <xxx> .
>
> You wouldn't do that anyway. Something like that is more appropriate:
>
> <> a ldp:container .

I was considering the case where someone did not want to use MKCOL
but wanted a relation to a "form" where he could create a collection in
this collection. That's what the argument below was trying to make
explicit.

Your suggestion of just having

<> a ldp:Container .

all by itself is of course the right thing to do if you accept MKCOL.