Re: container/member models

hello all.

On 2013-01-14 13:33 , "Steve Speicher" <sspeiche@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Roger Menday
><roger.menday@uk.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>>I've just read your notes about the intention of issue 37. I thought the
>> stuff I wrote on Friday [1], would fit quite well into issue 37
>>discussions
>> (and I've been working on content for the wiki - also prompted by
>>Ashok).
>>But, if it doesn't go there, where would it go ?
>>guess the question back would be where do you think it should go.
>There is already introductory text in the spec.  If there is an issue
>with that text, then it could be raised and this proposed.
>Your text seemed like a different proposal than what the model is but
>I can't really tell.  I can follow up on that thread with my feedback.
>So given this train of thought, I think perhaps placing on a separate
>comment section would make sense and Erik and editors can find the
>right spot for it as WG members agree with the changes.

my proposal for this is to keep the wiki page as a place where people can
post or link to their model views, and in parallel start building up the
text that we actually want to have in the spec, eventually. my suggestion
for this would be to start with rather simple things, work on consensus
for these, and then gradually build up that section. to me, it seems that
the current discussions are sometimes a bit hard to follow because
different suggestions/proposals are based on different assumptions, which
makes it hard to establish a common starting point.