Re: relative URIs in examples

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 6:40 AM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
> I think all examples are using full URIs when relative ones
> would do. E.g Example 1.
>
> [[
> # The following is the representation of
> #    http://example.org/container1
> @prefix dcterms: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/>.
> @prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>.
> @prefix ldp: <http://www.w3.org/ns/ldp#>.
>
> <http://example.org/container1>
>    a ldp:Container;
>    dcterms:title "A very simple container";
>    rdfs:member
>       <http://example.org/container1/member1>,
>       <http://example.org/container1/member2>,
>       <http://example.org/container1/member3>.
> ]]
>
> This would be  better written as
>
> [[
> # The following is the representation of
> #    http://example.org/container1
> @prefix dcterms: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/>.
> @prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>.
> @prefix ldp: <http://www.w3.org/ns/ldp#>.
>
> <> a ldp:Container;
>    dcterms:title "A very simple container";
>    rdfs:member <member1>, <member2>, <member3> .
> ]]
>
> This was in fact decided as part of ISSUE-29 "Relative URIs
> are crucial" and it is Action-30 for Steve Speicher.
> http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/actions/30
>
> But I just thought I'd nudge this one as I noticed it.

Thanks for the help.  I wonder though if this standalone Turtle (as it
sits in the spec) would be best with absolute URIs, perhaps at least
the container URI.  Some readers may loose the context (unless you
feel the comment and the other surrounding text set it appropriately).
 The action was to include additional examples with relative URIs,
I'll look at it more.

--
- Steve