Re: http(s) ldp mercurial spec problem

On 01/11/2013 04:53 PM, Henry Story wrote:
> It used to be that when one did a GET on
>
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/default/ldp.html
>
> one could see the LDP spec nicely layed out. The https
> URL did not give the right UI interface. Perhaps it
> was not able to download the javascript or something
> (it is late Friday and I have not checked)

Some people were still using the http URLs with authentication. We
(the Systeam) set up the http-to-https redirection a few days ago.

> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/default/ldp.html
>
> The problem is that the http:// url now redirects to
> https://
>
> curl -I http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/default/ldp.html
> HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
> Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 21:48:45 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)
> Location: https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/default/ldp.html
> Vary: Accept-Encoding
>
> So there is no way to look at the LDP spec in mercurial now.

Just use https for all your resources.

In the meantime, you can do the modifications in a branch, and ask the
editor to pull them.

Or you can also use Firefox, which does not care about the non-https
resources.

Alexandre