Re: naming resources - Slug-Header

hello roger.

On 2013-01-10 11:55 , "Roger Menday" <roger.menday@uk.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>we are making assumption about the content though, arn't we?
>It's RDF .. or a picture, mp3, etc.

at the slug level, all you're saying is that "i am creating a new
resource, please use the following string as input to generating a path
component in the newly created URI." that is entirely independent of what
content type you're shipping around. it's on the web service level of
conversation.

>The description in the RDF makes the system work, and therefore is part
>of the protocol in some way ... (?)

yes, RDF is part of the protocol because for example to find any
hyperlinks that allow you to interact with the server, clients need to
understand RDF and LDP. but anything that is already covered by web
architecture (by a spec) already shouldn't be reinvented.