Re: naming resources - Slug-Header

hello roger.

On 2013-01-10 11:43 , "Roger Menday" <roger.menday@uk.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>Regarding your "the body of the request is the desired state of the
>target" statement. This revisits discussions a few months ago - about
>creation. I like the idea that predicates of the "request", are just
>seeds or parameters to a server process which creates one (maybe more)
>server resources. These are not just copied across from request to
>created resource.

absolutely. but i think when andy says "the body of the request is the
desired state of the target", he is including your interpretation. the
client sends a request about creation. the server rejects or accepts it.
if it is accepted, it is the input to the creation rules on the server,
which may change (modify/add/remove) all kinds of things. the result of
executing the creation logic is the actual resource, and it should of
course match "client intent", but there can be all kinds of differences if
you would compare the POST request and a subsequent GET "bit by bit".