Re: ldp-ISSUE-62 (siblings): Creating Sibling Containers [Linked Data Platform core]

> What happens if I want to record some new/other information about a
Networth resource ? Then I need a way to create a new container.

I think that's a non sequitir.  The reason you'd need a new container is
if you needed a new HTTP interaction point with LDPC semantics.  I can
record info about a NetWorth member anywhere (at any URL) using RDF....
including on a different server.

> Sibling containers share a common membershipSubject. For example, the
Asset and Liability containers are siblings 'inside' a Networth resource.

LDP does not constrain the storage ("inside").  It gives you no guarantee
that the state of /nw1 includes the triples in the container resources;
nor does it impede doing so.  It's logical/common sense enough to do so,
just not guaranteed by the spec.

This appears to devolve back to "how do I create containers".  We've had
conversations about that before, and had some level of consensus IIRC that
the spec would remain silent and the primer/deployment document might well
show how the "spec as it is" could be used by implementations to create
containers.

Best Regards, John

Voice US 845-435-9470  BluePages
Tivoli OSLC Lead - Show me the Scenario

From:   "Linked Data Platform (LDP) Working Group Issue Tracker"
<sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
To:     public-ldp-wg@w3.org,
Date:   04/29/2013 11:32 AM
Subject:        ldp-ISSUE-62 (siblings): Creating Sibling Containers
[Linked Data Platform core]

ldp-ISSUE-62 (siblings): Creating Sibling Containers [Linked Data Platform
core]

http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/issues/62

Raised by: Roger Menday
On product: Linked Data Platform core

Sibling containers share a common membershipSubject. For example, the
Asset and Liability containers are siblings 'inside' a Networth resource.

What happens if I want to record some new/other information about a
Networth resource ? Then I need a way to create a new container.

A simple solution might be to PUT a new sibling Container to some explicit
address. Alternatively, as the LDPC siblings are form a container, POSTing
to a networth could also do this sibling creation. This has the
implication that every LDPR is an LDPC ...

see also
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp-wg/2013Apr/0068.html for
another example.