Re: Proposal to close ISSUE-59 (recursive-delete): Reconsider usage of Aggregate/Composite construct to get predictable container delete behavior

Please, let's not rehash the same debate over and over.

>From what I understand we have two opposing views of the world.

On one side we have people who think that all links are created equal and
the client/server interaction is solely dependent on the semantic
associated with the predicates used to link two resources. The client will
know from the associated semantic whether a link is worth following or
not, and what following that link means.

On the other side we have people who think not all links are the same and
the protocol needs to differentiate between those that primarily serve as
identifiers and those that are there as navigational links. The idea being
that while the former can be followed for informational purpose they have
no purpose in the client/server interaction. In this model client need a
way to distinguish between the two types of links so that they don't get
lost/sidetracked following links that are not part of the
protocol/navigation model.

I fear that putting labels on these groups of people will set people off
but I would say that the RDF/Linked Data (e.g., Henry, Kingsley) fall in
the first category while the REST people (e.g., Erik) fall in the second
one. I don't know whether there is a way to reconcile these two views or
not but I'm sure hammering the same arguments over and over isn't going to
make a difference other than wasting more bandwidth and mailbox storage.

So unless someone has a suggestion on how to converge, please, let's put
this topic to rest.

Thanks.