Re: Recommendation for concise definition of LDPR

Hi Cody,

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 9:13 PM, Cody Burleson <cody.burleson@base22.com>wrote:

>  Team,
>
> Please consider my draft recommendation for a concise definition of LDPR
> in the introduction of the spec (so that we can be consistent in providing
> true definitions for all terms in the Terminology section).
>
> Current text:
>
> Linked Data Platform Resource (LDPR)
> HTTP resource that conforms to the simple lifecycle patterns and
> conventions in the LDPRs section.
>
> Revision:
>
> Linked Data Platform Resource (LDPR)
> An HTTP resource that can be represented by RDF, which is managed within
> or served from a Linked Data Platform.

This would preclude LDP servers to manage or serve "passive" RDF resources
(i.e. that do *not* conform with the LDPR lifecylce patterns and
conventions)?

If you GET and RDF representation from an LDP server, and that description
makes no use of the ldp: vocabulary, then you should probably not expect
the corresponding resource to behave as an LDPR.

So I think I like the old definition better.

  pa