Re: Explaining the "semantics" of the HTTP methods

El 28/09/12 16:37, Olivier Berger escribió:
> Hi.
>
> I've read the editor's draft again, and I'd like to point out a
> problem with the following excerpt :
>
>   4.3 HTTP POST
>
>   There are no additional requirements on HTTP POST for BPRs.
>
>   4.4 HTTP PUT
>
> I'm a bit short on how to implement that ;-) No additional requirements,
> compared to ?
>
> Maybe one needs to have fully read other HTTP specs before, which
> shouldn't be repeated in LDBP, but I fear we are a bit short on
> explaining when to use PUT vs POST for instance.
>
> More generally, shouldn't one sentence be repeated for each of the BPR
> methods to explain that they are used for retrieval, modification,
> removal, etc ?
>
> I'm not sure this is worth creating an issue in the tracker.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Best regards,

Hi everyone,

I agree with Olivier.

Even if this specification is supported by other specifications, to read
those other ones should not lead to more confusion. :)

For example, some clarification should be made about the behaviour of a
BPR when POSTing to it.

The HTTP specification says that the entity in the request is a
subordinate of the resource identified by the URI.

So, a BPR could be transformed into a BPC (or not) just by means of
POSTing to it?

I think that we need some clear guidelines here.

Kind regards,

--

Dr. Raúl García Castro
http://delicias.dia.fi.upm.es/~rgarcia/

Ontology Engineering Group
Departamento de Inteligencia Artificial
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Campus de Montegancedo, s/n - Boadilla del Monte - 28660 Madrid
Phone: +34 91 336 36 70 - Fax: +34 91 352 48 19