Re: Published in IEEE Internet Computing : "ArRESTed Development: Guidelines for Designing REST Frameworks"

Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu> wrote on 09/03/2012
12:18:36 PM:

> From: Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu>
> To: public-ldp-wg@w3.org,
> Date: 09/03/2012 12:19 PM
> Subject: Published in IEEE Internet Computing : "ArRESTed Development:
> Guidelines for Designing REST Frameworks"
>
> Hi.
>
> Sorry in advance for the dupliciate, and if you don't have access to the
> contents.
>
> You may be interested in checking if the following paper is interesting
> to LDP. Haven't yet read it myself, but I though this kind of paper was
> quite in line with our work.

Can't get to it either, so not too helpful and not sure we can reference
this work anyway.  Perhaps the authors would be interested in joining our
WG and contributing some of this to our work?  I think that would be the
ideal.

> Ivan Zuzak, Silvia Schreier, "ArRESTed Development: Guidelines for
> Designing REST Frameworks," IEEE Internet Computing, pp. 26-35,
> July-Aug., 2012
>
> Abstract:
> A key challenge in developing RESTful Web systems is the lack of
> software development frameworks that support REST principles. This
> article gives practical guidelines for designing frameworks for
> developing such systems. Derived from intuitive formal models, these
> guidelines enable a development process that improves separation of
> concerns and the modifiability of developed systems. The authors analyze
> several existing Web frameworks to determine how well they correspond to
> these guidelines
>
> http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/MIC.2012.60
>
> Best regards,
> --
> Olivier BERGER
> http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 2048R/5819D7E8
> Ingenieur Recherche - Dept INF
> Institut Mines-Telecom, Telecom SudParis, Evry (France)

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net