Re: Linked Data Platform ISSUE-20: What is the base URI of a POSTed document?

On 10/11/2012 10:37 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 10/11/12 9:59 AM, Henry Story wrote:
>> On 11 Oct 2012, at 15:56, Andy Seaborne
>> <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com> wrote:

>>> Do you agree the RDF specs do require absolute URIs as those specs
>>> are currently written (or drafted in RDF 1.1)?
>> Andy how can the abstract syntax be correct, if RDF/XML has had
>> relative URIs since the beginning, and Turtle also? There is clearly a
>> bug in the abstract syntax.
>>
>>>     Andy
>> Social Web Architect
>> http://bblfish.net/
>>
> +1
>
> I don't understand why the gut reaction is to refer to broken specs.
> These broken specs are the source of so many problems. I don't recall
> any mandate that renders them untouchable etc..

It's all about agreement. It's a good thing that people have a stable
definition for RDF that they can refer to. And they do it. So it's not
broken as long as people did agree on a common and stable definition
and continue to use it, which is the case for a lot of people out
there.

But nothing prevents us from defining something a little bit different
if we need to, as long as we say in what ways we're interoperable. And
this appears to be feasible in this case.

Alexandre.