Re: Linked Data Platform ISSUE-20: What is the base URI of a POSTed document?

On 10/11/12 8:31 AM, Steve Battle wrote:
> RE: Linked Data Platform ISSUE-20: What is the base URI of a POSTed
> document?

But that simply isn't accurate.

> Part of the issue is that/r//elative/URIs are not permitted
> inanRDFmodel, so any relative URIs need to befixed (made absolute) at
> the time the representation (Turtle) is parsed.

I don't know how you arrived at the conclusion that relative URIs are
not permitted in an RDF model. Again, I've written a whole series of DIY
Linked Data Deployment notes based on Turtle documents that leverage
relative URIs. It just works.

Links:

1. http://bit.ly/MgSz3F -- DIY-style Linked Data deployment via an
Amazon S3 bucket (note: Amazon now gives you 5GB free for one year on
par with Dropbox, Microsoft SkyDrive, Google Drive etc.. )

2. http://bit.ly/O4LNKf -- How to control your own Web-scale verifiable
identity (basically about posting a Turtle based profile document to
collections/folders provided by the services above and then using
relative URIs for the URI that serves as the WebID re. WebID
authentication protocol)

3. http://bit.ly/QuFpNA -- various posts about the same thing using a
variety of storage service providers  .

Kingsley Idehen