Re: ldp-ISSUE-11 (Server-managed properties): Do we need to define server-managed properties or do we leave them to applications? [Linked Data Platform core]

Hi.

Linked Data PlatformWorking Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
writes:

> ldp-ISSUE-11 (Server-managed properties): Do we need to define server-managed properties or do we leave them to applications? [Linked Data Platform core]
>
> http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/issues/11
>

> I think that saying that dcterms:modified and dcterms:creator cannot be modified by clients is an application-specific restriction.
>
> I would not include it, but if you think that it is relevant, I would rewrite it in the style of 5.5.2:
> "BPR servers MAY ignore server managed properties such as dcterms:modified and dcterms:creator".

+1

Generally speaking it is wrong to attempt some revisionism (i.e. trying
to rewrite history), but I can imagine a few cases when it could be
useful, for instance for export/import or backup/restore applications,
that would overrule the server momentarily.

Hope this makes sense.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER