Re: LDP with Access Control, or future LDPS(ecure)?

On 14 Nov 2012, at 12:04, Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com> wrote:

> On 12/11/12 20:48, Henry Story wrote:
>> Luckily Access Control is orthogonal to LDP
>
> I hope that's true but I don't see why it must be so.
>
> The LDP spec covers operations on resources and containers and does not mention access control.
>
> Use case: I create bugReportSecurity57 about a security issue.  I want it restricted because the information contained allows an attacker to exploit the security hole.  Bug reports are normally publicly readable.

Good use case. I added it here:
http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/AccessControl#Creating_a_new_resource_with_ACL_restrictions

> What is the operation flow to create a secure bug report if normally bug reports are publicly readable?  (if they are not by default publicly readable, what operation on them makes them so?)

I have a feeling that in the POST HTTP header one may need to add an ACL header, which could point to some ACL restrictions for the resource to be created.