Creation of Containers

From: Niclas Hoyer <niclas@verbugt.de>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 22:38:28 +0100
To: public-ldp-wg@w3.org
Hi,

is there a simple way to create a ldp container? I thought of turning a
ldp resource into a container just by changing the rdf information, so
if http://example.org/resource1 is a ldp resource the following HTTP
request could turn the resource into a container:

PUT /resource1 HTTP/1.1
Host: example.org

@prefix dcterms: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/>.
@prefix ldp: <http://www.w3.org/ns/ldp#>.

<http://example.org/resource1>
     a ldp:Container ;
     dcterms:title "A new empty container" .

Should we cover this in an extra use case?

A possible implementation could just start with a ldp resource. The user
or client programs could create containers as they need them. I was
thinking of a sioc:Thread that could also be a ldp:Container, so that
other clients could reply on the thread easily.

--
Niclas