Returning HTTP codes with HTML descriptions.

From: Andrei Sambra <andrei@fcns.eu>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 15:52:41 -0400
To: public-ldp-wg@w3.org
Hello all,

I'm working on implementing some of LDP proposed specifications (in
their early form), and I've reached a point where I would like to
clarify something. I remember this topic having been discussed once, but
nothing conclusive came out of it.

When unsuccessful requests are being handled, specific HTTP error codes
are sent to the requesting agent. I know TimBL always says that
applications SHOULD provide more information in case of errors, so I was
wondering if it makes any sense to add this bit to the LDP specs (though
it's not a priority).

For example, applications may not "speak" LDP at start (i.e. misusing
REST verbs), thus resulting in '405 Method Not Allowed' errors. It would
be nice to have some HTML describing what they did wrong.

Best wishes,
Andrei