Re: Introduction

From: Kevin Page <kevin.page@oerc.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:40:03 +0100
To: public-ldp-wg@w3.org
Hello all,

I'm a research associate in the Oxford e-Research Centre at the
University of Oxford.

My recent work has focussed on applied semantic web and linked data to
some diverse domains such as sensor networks[1] and music information
retrieval, typically when supporting the research process and the re-use
of data and method.

Behind this, I have a background in hypermedia systems, and see strong
complementarity between the extensible model provided by RDF (as a
"primary" representation), REST, and the associated navigation of
hyperstructure as the client/server interaction pattern. I've previously
written up some earlier thoughts [2] and we're now adopting these
principles as a system architecture within the EU funded Wf4Ever
project.

So I'm very pleased to see the emergence of this WG and read the member
submission with interest.

cheers,

Kevin.

[1] with involvement in the W3C Semantic Sensor Network XG
[2] "REST and Linked Data: a match made for domain driven development?"
http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/272098/