Aggregation: simple proposal

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 14:58:45 +0100
To: public-ldp-wg@w3.org
Since Andy started a mail on aggregation just now, I'll put forward
a default suggestion that can work with the notion of strict containership
of collections we have settled with at TPAC2012.

1. Create a aggregation container
----------------------------------

POST your collection to the container

<> primaryTopic <#wk> .

<#cnt> a WeakContainer;
    :contains <http://remote.org/resource>,
           <localRes> .

This creates a resource named say <resourceC> which defined
<resourceC#cnt> .

the :contains relation is left open for later.

2. Delete your container
------------------------

send an HTTP delete message

  DELETE resourceC HTTP/1.1

or change the container as below by removing the <#cnt> from <resourceC>

3. Change your container
------------------------

Say you want to remove <http://remote.org/resource> from <resourceC#cnt>
then just

PUT resourceC HTTP/1.1

<> primaryTopic <#wk> .

<#cnt> a WeakContainer;
    :contains <localRes> .

4 Optimisations

Define a Patch method to make it efficient to make changes.

Using SPARQL - just as an example - one could

DELETE { <#cnt> :contains <http://remote.org/resource> }

Since one does not use lists, this is really easy.

Henry

A short message from my sponsors: Vive la France!
Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/