LDPR binaries in spec

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:45:25 +0100
To: public-ldp-wg@w3.org
There are a few paragraphs in the current spec ( http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/hg/ldp.html )
which seem to need a bit of clarification, relating to ISSUE-15 probably. I am just noting
it here, as I am thinking about this right now, and noticed these.
It is also related to use cases 4.8 and 4.8.1 of the UCR

Linked Data Platform Resource (LDPR)
HTTP resource that conforms to the simple lifecycle patterns and conventions in this document.

So presumably resources that can be created in a collection and that get deleted
when a collection gets deleted. If we add images to a collection, are they then LDPRs?

4.1.3 LDPR servers may host a mixture of LDPRs and non-LDPRs. For example, it is common for LDPR servers to need to host binary or text resources that do not have useful RDF representations.

This seems to suggest that LDPRs cannot be binaries.

 4.2.2 LDPR servers must provide an text/turtle representation of the requested LDPR.

If one were to create a picture, would this say that one MUST return turtle for it by default?
That would not be completely silly it could be a representation of the picture that said
something like:

 @prefix iana: <http://www.iana.org/assignments/relation/> .
 @prefifx foaf <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .
 @prefix awol: <http://bblfish.net/work/atom-owl/2006-06-06/#> .

  <> a foaf:Picture;
    foaf:depicts joe, jack, jane;
    iana:alternate <image.jpg>, <image.gif> .

  <image.jpg> awol:type "image/jpeg" .
  <image.gif> awol:type "image/gif" .

But that still leaves the question what happens if one GETs <image.jpg>
without an image/* mime type. Does one get a redirect to the previous
metadata file served as Turtle? Or does the server just return the image?

And if one deletes the collection, does <image.jpg> not also get deleted?

A short message from my sponsors: Vive la France!
Social Web Architect