Re: LDP Agenda for December 17, 2012, with a list of issues to be closed

From: Kevin Page <kevin.page@oerc.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 15:24:31 +0000
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Cc: public-ldp-wg@w3.org
On Sun, 2012-12-16 at 16:29 +0000, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 15/12/12 23:52, Steve Battle wrote:
> >
> Ashok:
>
> By "Attribute" you mean a property of the container?
> Or is this per container entry?
> Or a platform managed aspect not in the RDF?
>
> >> = YES
> >
> > -0.5
> >
> > I really don't like this. If this were false then why use a container in
> > the first place. Just use aggregation and describe the collection in
> > RDF. The LDP spec doesn't need to be concerned with what we can say in RDF.
> >
> > Steve.
>
> While I like this as a principle, there are some details ...
>
> * LDP-C have paging. RDF collections and/or containers in a LDP-R do not.

There is an open issue for supporting pagination of LDP-R:
http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/issues/33

The need for general support of pagination -- such that it's not limited
to containers -- was made at the F2F (and supported by those present
AFAIR).

Furthermore, pagination seems to me to be a service level behaviour, so
it's appropriate to specify this within LDP.

cheers,

Kevin.