Re: is linked data about RDF or EAV or just structured data?

On 7 Aug 2012, at 16:30, "Wilde, Erik" <Erik.Wilde@emc.com> wrote:

> hello kingsley.
>
> On 2012-08-07 16:17 , "Kingsley Idehen" <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>> Modulo RDF re. your comments above, since it isn't a format, a media
>> type still boils down to an entity-attribute-value or attribute=value
>> structure i.e., 3-tuple or 2-tuple. It just documents the fact in prose
>> as part of the mime type.
>
> i really don' understand how you get to this conclusion. look at the IETF
> registry of media types and you'll see an amazingly wide array of all
> kinds of models and metamodels people have registered. you find trees,
> maybe jeni has even bothered to register her LMNL "overlapping tree"
> format, and all kinds of more generalized or more specialized data models.
> what brings you to the conclusion that media types are in one of these two
> simple classes you are listing? the media type world is so much more
> colorful than that.

But you can map all these to relations. Show us one that can't!
Here a List is just a set of relations

l1 lisp:car obj1 .
l1 lisp:cdr l2 .
l2 lisp:car obj2 .
l2 list:cdr nil .

Since all those data structures can be expressed in lisp, you got your proof that it's all
relations. :-)