Re: LDP interfaces in Java (based on Jena and JAX-RS)

On 8/7/12 8:19 AM, Steve K Speicher wrote:
> As the member submission highlights, you can achieve a very powerful
> LInked Data Platform with AWWW, some clarifying rules and some concepts
> from RDF (no full SPARQL needed, etc) and using already registered media
> types based on the representations of the RDF (XML, JSON, Turtle, etc).

Yes, SPARQL and RDF formats are implementation details. None of them
change the fundamentals:

1. give names to entities (*things*) of interest

2. use de-referencable URIs as names so that they resolve to documents
bearing useful information (e.g., description of URI referent)

3. useful information should take the form of fine-grained structured
document content (e.g., an EAV graph pictorial where entity=attribute
value pairs coalesce around a description subject's URI based name)

4. refer to other entities of interest by name.

That's me paraphrasing TimBL's meme without the insertion of
implementation details such as RDF and SPARQL.

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com