Re: LDP interfaces in Java (based on Jena and JAX-RS)

On 8/7/12 3:48 AM, Wilde, Erik wrote:
> hello.
>
> On 2012-08-06 23:05 , "Kingsley Idehen" <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>>     We are basically trying to work out a loosely coupled architecture
>>     for data object identification, representation, and access via:
>>     1. URIs
>>     2. Structured Data
>>     3. RESTful interaction patterns.
>>     It can't be more than that :-)
> i am not sure that people agree that these are the only constraints we
> have. because if that were true,
> http://dret.typepad.com/dretblog/atom-landscape.html is the answer, is a
> standard, provides all kinds of features beyond the use cases we have in
> our document, and thus would be the way to go, instead of defining
> something new.
>
> cheers,
>
> dret.

Of course AtomPub isn't the answer re. fine-grained data access.

You need what's outlined above which is basically the fundamental
architecture of the Web (AWWW) itself.

The architecture of the Web is dexterous enough to handle all of the
fine-grained data access needs that these conversations are hovering about.

BTW -- my products implemented AtomPub before the ink dried on the
initial specs. We still support it today and part of many protocols we
support. None of our protocol handling heuristics would work modulo AWWW
dexterity.

Decouple the letters R-D-F from Linked Data and all the real power of
AWWW is there to be exploited in ways only limited by our imagination.

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com