Re: ACTION-7 (first draft)

hello serena.

On 2012-08-06 14:33 , "Serena Villata" <serena.villata@inria.fr> wrote:
>I edited the use case wiki page by taking into account not only
>role-based access control,
>but also attributes-based access control.
>I have just one question about the use of the term "identification" in
>this use case.
>What do you mean when you use it? Reading it I can think to URIs or data
>provenance.

i have edited
http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Use_Cases_And_Requirements#LDP_and_Authenti
cation.2FAuthorization to now have very short explanations in parentheses,
and as you can see, i really only had very fundamental concepts in mind
when writing the text:

"On the Web, many different ways of identification (establishing naming
schemes that uniquely identify entities of interest), authentication
(frameworks for verifying someone's claim to have an identity), and
authorization (granting access to a resource based on an identity and
some access control scheme) exist."

let me know if this clarifies things sufficiently.

thanks and cheers,