Re: Turtle Patch simplification (N3 Patch?)

A bit of context: this e-mail is part of the discussion on LD-Patch
formats for LDP which is in last call. Alexandre Bertails has a nice
summary of the options that were considered

  http://bertails.org/2014/09/20/why-ldpatch

"N3Patch" which is an idea I am just exploring here as a
further option may be another possible way to go.

Some further thoughts I had since yesterday:

1. Deletion can be expressed with a relation to an empty graph

  { _:bnx1 foaf:knows _:bnx2 } patch:replaceWith {}

2. Addition can be expressed with a relation from an empty graph

  {} patch:replaceWith { _:bnx1 foaf:knows _:bnx3 }

3. One can add metadata to the patch quite easily. Perhaps like this:

  <> rdfs:comment "This patch request followed from Asterix and Obelix becoming
       friends again".

  { _:bnx1 foaf:knows _:bnx2 } patch:replaceWith { _:bnx1 foaf:knows _:bnx3 }

  I suppose here <> refers to the state of the transition between the two states
  of the resources....

The advantages here is that there is no graph that could not be patched with
this method it seems.

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/