Comments on March 2014 of draft of LDP

From: Martin Nally <nally@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 17:58:15 -0400
To: public-ldp-comments@w3.org
Cc: Steve K Speicher <sspeiche@us.ibm.com>
We've reviewed the 11 March 2014 of draft of LDP [1] and are converting
our previous implementation based on the submission to conform to the new
draft. We have some feedback:

1) Definition of "membership triples" seems limiting in saying LDP-RS'
state must hold the membership triples.  In our implementation, the
membership triple is held in a graph assigned to the member resource.
Suggestion is to adjust the definition to allow for this perhaps common
implementation case.

2) Confusing examples (3-5) [2], there needs to be a bit more description
between these.  It would be helpful to add some narrative between them, as
well as showing POST example.

3) General comment/feedback, it would be quite useful to have more
examples.  Developers will really heavily on them for comprehension,
perhaps even more that the normative text.

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-ldp-20140311/
[2]: http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-ldp-20140311/#ldpc-informative

Best regards, Martin

Martin Nally, IBM Fellow and VP,