Re: Comments on LDP TR http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-ldp-20130730/ ( LC-2836)

Hi Tim,
Thank you for following up on this. I'll make sure that the WG considers
your questions and provide a response.

Meanwhile, based on what you already know, I'd appreciate if you could
tell me which of the following two options you prefer:

1) stick to the latest resolution: return the first page with a 200 on the
initial GET, with the challenges you highlighted
2) revert back to having a 300 redirect to the first page and pursue
defining 209 for LDPnext

I know neither of these options gives you what you want - 209 now - but
given that we just can't afford defining 209 for this version of the spec,
which of these would you consider your second best?

Thanks.

Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org> wrote on 12/10/2013 06:34:18 PM:

> From: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
> To: Arnaud Le Hors/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS,
> Cc: public-ldp-comments@w3.org, Read-Write-Web <public-rww@w3.org>,
> Tabulator Developers <tabulator@lists.csail.mit.edu>
> Date: 12/10/2013 06:34 PM
> Subject: Re: Comments on LDP TR http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-
> ldp-20130730/ ( LC-2836)
>

> On 2013-11 -15, at 20:19, lehors@us.ibm.com wrote:
>
> > Dear Tim Berners-Lee ,
> >
> > The Linked Data Platform (LDP) Working Group has reviewed the comments
you
> > sent [1] on the Last Call Working Draft [2] of the Linked Data
Platform 1.0
> > published on 30 Jul 2013. Thank you for having taken the time to
review the
> > document and to send us comments!
> >
> > The Working Group's response to your comment is included below.
> >
> > Please review it carefully and let us know by email at
> > public-ldp-comments@w3.org if you agree with it or not before 29
November
> > 2013. In case of disagreement, you are requested to provide a specific
> > solution for or a path to a consensus with the Working Group. If such
> > consensus cannot be achieved, you will be given the opportunity to
raise a
> > formal objection which will then be reviewed by the Director during
the
> > transition of this document to the next stage in the W3C
Recommendation
> > Track.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > For the Linked Data Platform (LDP) Working Group,
> > Eric Prud'hommeaux
> > Yves Lafon
> > W3C Staff Contacts
> >
> > 1. http://www.w3.org/mid/34BE20B3-86E3-434F-B454-B004E9A338F0@w3.org
> > 2. http://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/
> >

> > =====
> >
> > Your comment on :
> >> 4.10.2.3   303 lis a basically very unsatisfactory design because of
the
> >> round trip.  As this is a new spec, suggest defined 20X code meaning
> >> like a 303 but containing the representation of the thing 303d to.
This