From: johnmccrae@gmail.com [mailto:johnmccrae@gmail.com] On Behalf Of John P. McCrae
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:57 PM
To: Penny Labropoulou
Cc: Dave Lewis; public-ld4lt@w3.org
Subject: Re: [ACTION 11] Initial DCAT to meta-share mapping

Hi Penny,

The mappings does not replace any existing properties, simply adding new ones to make the datasets queriable using the DCAT vocabulary, hence adding Dataset to all the language resources. The metashare vocabulary still seems to be a bit messy with Services, but for the data I currently have no services are declared so I am not so worried about the mappings.

foaf:primaryTopic is the property used by DCAT to link a catalog record to a dataset, which also seems bizarre to me but is the standard.

Regards,

John