From: Dave Lewis [mailto:dave.lewis@cs.tcd.ie]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2014 3:46 PM
To: public-ld4lt@w3.org
Subject: Multidimensional Quality Metrics and Linguistic Linked Data

Hi all,
One requirement that has come up several times in our discussions about
lingusitic linked data is how to manage the quality of such data. One
obvious advantage of using linked data for language resources is that it
becomes easy for third parties to annotate different parts of that
resource with quality assessment which can be used to drive quality
management processes.

To thins end we initialed some discussion with Arle Lommel from DFKI who
has been driving the development of the Multidimensional Quality Metrics
(MQM) specification in the QTLauchpad project:
http://www.qt21.eu/mqm-definition/definition-2014-06-04.html

This encompasses a wide range of established quality assessment metric
for translation, and therefore may provide a concrete model that could
be used more widely in annotating the lingusitic quality of multilingual
linked data.

There has also been a discussion in the ITS IG about the benefits to the
MQM spec itself from an RDF mapping:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014Jun/0009.html

We plan to cover this in tomorrow's LD4LT call, but please send any
additional thoughts you may have on this to the list, e.g. on other existing quality
annotation vocabularies in use for linked data.

cheers,
Dave