Re: Google's dataset publication guidelines

+Natasha

On Thu, 6 Sep 2018, 09:41 Ivan Herman, <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> Interesting FYI:
>
> Google has started a data set search beta[1] (there is also a blog about
> it by Natasha Noy[2]). Guidelines for publishing dataset for this search is
> described in [3]. Note that JSON-LD is one (and preferred) way of
> accompanying the metadata for a dataset which can be in schema.org or
> W3C's DCAT.
>
> Another usage example for JSON-LD:-)
>
> Ivan
>
> P.S. It may be interesting to have a chat with Natasha, to see if she has
> some feedback on JSON-LD. Rob, next time you are in the Stanford area…
> (although I know Natasha pretty well, too).

Our main feedback is probably still "don't change it too much just as it is
getting traction", and our main limitation is probably the mismatch between
@context mechanism and large scale search. There's also ISWC coming up,
maybe some of us can chat then too?

Dan